Appointments for our Paediatric Specialists can be made by calling us on 02 9008 1368 or by emailing us at email@example.com. You can also contact us through our website contact form.
In some cases, there may be a long wait time for your preferred Paediatrician. You can be placed on a cancellation list and offered an earlier appointment when one becomes available. Alternatively, Northern Beaches Paediatrics may be able to offer you an earlier appointment with another specialist at the practice if appropriate.
If your matter is urgent, please ask your GP to call Northern Beaches Paediatrics directly to discuss the possibility of arranging an urgent appointment.
Phone Contact: If we miss your call or you leave a message out of hours we will endeavour to return your call within 1 business day.
Email and Website Contact: We will aim to respond within 1 business day but please follow up with a phone call if urgent or we haven’t been in touch.
Privacy: We take your privacy very seriously and any health or personal information will be managed in accordance with Privacy Act (1988) requirements. Please avoid disclosing confidential or clinical information via email or our contact form and speak to one of our reception team.
Northern Beaches Paediatrics is a private specialist clinic and you will need a referral letter from your GP or specialist before your appointment. This will allow you to claim a rebate from Medicare, and ensure that your doctor can share any relevant information with your GP or specialist. A GP referral is usually valid for 12 months. A referral from another specialist is only valid for 3 months.
Please note, you will need a new referral letter if you are seeing your regular doctor for a new problem.
If you have seen your Paediatrician before and are unsure if your referral is still valid, please contact reception to clarify whether a new referral is required prior to your appointment.
– Medicare card
– Your referral letter (if not already emailed/faxed)
– Child Blue Book (Health Book)
– Any relevant results or report (e.g. Blood tests, scans, x-rays, school or specialist reports)
– New Patient Information Sheet
Northern Beaches Paediatrics is a private specialist clinic. Our fees are aligned with the AMA recommended rates for specialist consultations, and set at the discretion of your treating clinician.
We require full payment on the day of consultation. We accept cash, EFTPOS, MasterCard and Visa
After you have paid the full fee for your appointment we will lodge a claim on your behalf with Medicare Online (provided you have a valid referral for the appointment). Families should ensure they have provided bank details to Medicare, so the rebate can be paid into their nominated account usually on the next business day.
Please contact our reception team if you wish to enquire about fees and any out-of-pocket costs associated with your visit.
At Northern Beaches Paediatrics we try to assist our families with reminders of appointments via SMS or a follow up phone call. However we ask that you take a clear note of your appointment date at the time of making the appointment as it is your responsibility to manage this and to contact us to make changes if you are no longer able to attend your scheduled time.
We ask that you give our Reception team adequate notice if you are unable to attend your appointment. Our clinicians have long waiting lists and if your appointment is not attended, or cancelled at late notice, we are unable to fill the spot. This means that appointment times are lost, that could have been used to help other children and their families. It also means that the doctor loses income for that appointment.
Late cancellation and Failure to attend:
If you cannot attend, we require 1 business day’s notice prior to the appointment. If you do not cancel your appointment or do not attend the consultation, a cancellation fee of up to 50% of the appointment may be charged. This cancellation fee will need to be addressed prior to further appointments being made.
We understand there may requirements to contact your Paediatrician outside of scheduled appointments, to provide more information or to ask follow up questions. Northern Beaches Paediatrics will pass on any message we receive directly to your Doctor so they can follow up with you. We do not provide direct email or phone contact details.
Please be aware that our Doctors are only in rooms on certain days. Our Doctors also take annual leave for periods in the year. Northern Beaches Paediatrics is also closed for periods during the year, such as public holidays or over the Christmas and early New Year period.
Script Requests, Letters, Forms
Script requests, and completion of letters and forms outside of scheduled appointments may be accommodated by your Doctor. Any such requests require at least 2 weeks notice to allow for Doctor’s to complete these outside of their clinic times. Providing this much notice will ensure these requests can be completed within your required time frame. These will need to be collected from our Reception team on site. We do not post or fax scripts.
In some circumstances a fee may be applicable. Please ask our reception team for further information.
At Northern Beaches Paediatrics, our focus is on the medical, emotional and psychological well being of the children we see. Amongst the children who attend the clinic, many come from separated families. Conflict and communication breakdown within families can limit collaboration with health care providers and impact optimal treatment outcomes for the child. The purpose of this policy is to outline our practice’s philosophy to our families to ensure that the best interests of our patients are always prioritised.
- It is our expectation that separated parents work together respectfully and cooperatively, regarding the care of their child. Decisions regarding a child’s medical treatment (e.g. whether to commence medication or start intervention therapy) should be made jointly by both parents wherever possible.
- It is the parents’ obligation to provide us a copy of any relevant legal documents or court order.
- Either parent or legal guardian can:
- schedule an appointment with their child,
- be present at their appointment
- and/or be sent a copy of their reports
unless there is a court order restricting their involvement in their child’s care. If this is the case, please ensure you provide these court orders at your first visit to the clinic.
- If the appointment is made by one parent, it is the responsibility of this parent to inform the other parent, invite them to attend, and provide feedback to them.
- Clinic reports will be sent to the parent who attends the appointment and it is the responsibility of that parent to forward to other parent. We do not have the capacity to provide separate feedback to each parent but welcome both parents to attend appointments and will provide copies of correspondence to each parent, if specifically requested.
- Payment is to be made on the day of the child’s appointment. If there is legal agreement that requires the other parent to pay all or part of the treatment costs, it is the attending parent’s responsibility to settle account and collect reimbursement from the other parent.
- Where there is significant conflict, we reserve the right to request the court orders, obtain signed consent from both parents, or limit our services until dispute has been resolved. If necessary, we may discharge a family from the clinic if the conflict is disruptive to the clinic or impedes the care of the child.
- We do not take referrals where the purpose of the assessment is to generate information for legal decision making around custody issues of parental separation.
We always try our best to accommodate all family circumstances. Please help us to provide the best care for your children by providing all information regarding your family situation at your first appointment with us.
We collect information from you regarding your child for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We ask you about you and your child’s personal details and medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your child’s health care needs. This means we will use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administration purposes
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements
- Disclosure to others involved in your child’s health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in reports or results returned to us following the referrals.
- We may also need to communicate with teachers, allied health providers and other professionals involved with your child. Please let us know if you do not want your records accessed for these purposes. This will be noted accordingly.
In an emergency situation where it is in the best interest of your child’s health care we would disclose appropriate information if requested to do so.
Please be aware that email is not a secure form of communicating confidential, sensitive or clinical information. Any email correspondence from Northern Beaches Paediatrics may be password protected for privacy and security reasons.
Northern Beaches Paediatrics is not an emergency facility. We cannot offer emergency advice over the phone.
If your child is requiring urgent medical attention please contact your GP for advice or attend the Emergency Department at your nearest hospital.
On the Northern Beaches your nearest emergency department may be:
Northern Beaches Hospital: 105 Frenchs Forest Road West, Frenchs Forest, 2086
Royal North Shore Hospital: Reserve Road, St Leonards, 2065
In these circumstances your GP or the Emergency physician may recommend a follow up appointment with your paediatrician. Your paediatrician or another paediatrician in our practice may be able to fit you in within a day or so for an urgent appointment. Please ask your GP to contact Northern Beached Paediatrics.
Additional fact sheets on a range of children’s health and safety topics can be found at the following sites:
The Westmead Childrens Hospital: The Childrens Hospital At Westmead
Sydney Childrens Hospital: Sydney Childrens Hospital Network